We are created in the image and likeness of God, with a measure of faith, with the ability to believe and worship God. However, for many people because of their life experiences, they cannot relate to a loving Father God. They have a skewed view of God — their understanding of God is that He is some being far away, with no relevance to their lives. For others, God is a hard taskmaster and stern judge. We must have the correct perception of who God is. Our God is the creator, (Gen1:1) one who sustains all things, eternal, (Deut 33:27) unchanging (Mal 3:6), Sovereign, Most High God (Ps 47:2). He is supernatural (transcendent)! This allows us to make him Lord but why we love Him and worship Him is because of who He is—His nature and character. He is good (James 1:17), merciful and compassionate (Ex 34:6) just and kind (Ps 89:14), loyal and faithful (Deut 7:9), defender and refuge (Ps 46:1).
Consider and discuss the following questions:
- How do you view God? Can you share about your relationship with God? How do you relate to Father God? To Jesus? To the Holy Spirit?
- What are some of the characteristics of God that you relate to? For some, it is His mercy, for some He is just.
- Share some of the barriers that prevent you from believing that the Father Himself loves you.
- Extreme Kids camp June 29-7/1
- Art Camp
- Children’s Choir
- Transformation Sunday —first Sunday of the month
- Prayer Initiative for June