Pastor Bobby has been speaking to us about our commitment to grow. Since we are committed to grow this year, we have to take stock of where we are. We have to honestly evaluate where we are in our relationship with Christ.
In the parable (Mk 4:1-10) we are given a picture of the types of people in the church.
1. Exploring God people— interested, friendly to God, but do not have a saving relationship to God. The bible calls them the seed that was sown on hard ground. Satan immediately comes to snatch the word sown so that the revelation and understanding do not take place. The faith that comes by hearing the word isn’t there. There’s no faith to believe and be saved. (Luke 8:12)
2. A friend: have obtained salvation and in saving relationship with God; this is the seed sown on rocky ground. There is a relationship with Christ and in order to grow in the relationship and move from being just a friend, there has to be a submission to God’s word as the final authority in life.
3. Close Friend—this is seed sown in the stony ground; this is where we grow in discipleship; walking in the steps of the master.
4. Best Friend—this is seed sown in good ground; they are God centered and are committed to the Lordship of Christ. This is where we move to being noble subjects of the king. We grow in bringing every area of our lives under the Lordship of Jesus.
Consider the following questions:
1. Where are we with our relationship with Christ? Are we exploring, are we a disciple? Are we a noble subject?
2. Is there a hunger to move from one stage to the next?
3. Are we actively taking steps to move from one stage to the next?
Let us not be like the foolish man who observed himself and then forgets what he was like (James 1:24-25) but make every effort to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:18)
1. Mother’s Day Service May 8th. Pastor Shannon will be bringing the word. Encourage your people to Invite their family and friends.
2. OCSM Classes begin May 15th
3. Encounter Weekend May 27-28
4. Water Baptism May 29