“The greatest thing anyone can do for God and man is pray. The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer; nor yet those who can explain about prayer; but I mean these people who take time to pray.” – S.D. Gordon
In Exodus 17 the Ameleks were threatening to destroy the Israelites. The plan that brought the victory was two-fold. ONE, Joshua needed to assemble a team of warriors that would fight in hand to hand combat. TWO, Moses, Aaron, and Hur needed to take their positions on a mountain overlooking the valley.
Once the battle began it quickly became evident that both parties were needed in winning the war. As Moses stood on the mountain with his hands uplifted Joshua fought Amalek in the valley below. Moses raised hands brought victory, but when his hands fell to his side, it meant defeat.
Hands raised in surrender and dependence to God is practically lived out in a believers life through Prayer. It is the foundation of all successful ministry and personal devotion. It’s our lifeline for victory!
Pastor mentioned seven benefits of prayer. The list below is not exhaustive, but it’s Jam-packed with enough revelation to keep one busy for a while. I would encourage you to review each one prayerfully. Ask Holy Spirit for greater revelation personally. Let this be the launching pad into a life that is marked by prayer.
- Your Spirit is activated. (Psalms 18:6-10)
- Your heart is aligned. (Luke 22:42)
- War begins. (Daniel 10:12)
- You see things differently. (2 Kings 6:15)
- New futures are created. (Exodus 20:4-6)
- Generations are healed. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Tears are collected and enemies retreat. (Psalms 56:8-9)
- Review the list above.
- What is your greatest hinderance to prayer? Both personal and corporate?
- Take some time and write down and/or discuss with others answers to prayer that you personally witnessed.
- Pray for each other. Those who testified about witnessing healing have them pray for those who are sick, those who have testified about financial breakthrough, have them pray for those with financial needs, etc.